LAGUNA PARK.ORG
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 04:45:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thanks to all the IDIOTS who voted for the 25 Million Dollar School Bond for LESS THAN 400 Elementary Students and the 12 Million Dollar Bond Pack for the New Jail.
GOOD JOB YOU MORONS!!!!!
125 Posts in 63 Topics by 34 Members
Latest Member: Carmen Getsite
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  LAGUNA PARK.ORG
|-+  Community Bulletin Board
| |-+  West Shore Community Center
| | |-+  Info on incorporating
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Info on incorporating  (Read 3121 times)
Woogie

Email
Info on incorporating
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:02:24 PM »

OK , Fill us in on what's going on.  How will the voting work and what are the rules?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:37:44 PM by felix » Logged
felix
El Heffy
Administrator

View Profile
Re: Info on incorporating
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 10:32:45 PM »

Well I went to the meeting along with a Gaggle of residents standing room only .Your Lovely wife was there ;where in the heck were youse ?
 The article in the paper said there would be (Community leaders ) to give the pros and cons of incorporating . I still am unsure who those leaders are but know there were not many Followers . Pretty much a Moot point on incoporating as we only have @1100 Regisrtered voters in the area to be incorporated and not sure what kind of incorporating  A,B,or C in which diff rules and number of peoples in a given square mile  radius apply .
All in all one of the so called leaders seemed to be miffed about his water pressure and stray dogs in the area which can easily be addressed with some 22 cartridges  for animal control and a gathering of residents to send a clear message to the water company through channeling our efforts to the TECQ or whatever entity that is over the regs in the water companies obligation to us .  Incorporating is not neede for these issues .I don't think he realised the cost of this nor knows the legalities yet . It needs MUCH more discussion and actual stats to even be considered for a petition much less a vote of any sort .  I wil post some rules and facts as I get them from the links I have to the Gov entities that have all the rules and regs about incorporating . IF we had thirty or forty thousand citizens in the area it Might be a good idea but I sure as heck would not want to live here if we had all those people here .Thats why I moved here in the first place to get the hell outa the City and crowds . No CLEAR Boundaries were even available to see where Laguna Park would be or its population . ? I hope some others will post thier thoughts here on the subject when membership gets up . We need to get the word out that this site is here for the Community to use .
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:18:06 AM by felix » Logged
njpanimator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 03:07:40 PM »

I think that if the "community leaders" listened to the folks that were at the meeting, they will drop this half baked idea.
felix
El Heffy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:51:35 PM »

With all due respect  the poor guy officiating the deal( Melvin Musgrove ) ( sorry for the spelling IF incorrect)  and Have to hand it to him for trying to put up a front for this however : he was soooooo unprepared and misinformed in  regards to the actual trickle down affects of doing what SOMEONE  wants to do in this area.

A few misguided individuals have  tried in the past to incorporate us for who knows why . 

He (Musgrove) did have a good point in that it is published that the power plant sold recently for @ 800 million Bucks and is only taxed on @ 7  mill . The Tax  Authorities need to work on that  right now and collect the money as due in regard to the APRRAISED VALUE and the additional monies would certainly help our area and all of Bosque County .........
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:17:08 AM by felix » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: