SMF Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 09:18:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FREE MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN
  Please call 254- 205-9996 for info
103 Posts in 53 Topics by 34 Members
Latest Member: kassandra_22
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  SMF Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Praise or Gripes about County Maintainence
| | |-+  375 THOUSAND or MORE WASTED
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 375 THOUSAND or MORE WASTED  (Read 1016 times)
OVER TAXED!

View Profile
375 THOUSAND or MORE WASTED
« on: April 01, 2010, 09:05:07 AM »

WAKE UP BOSQUE COUNTY

Look at our Damn near impassable Roads in Bosque County and tell me where over 160 Grand that is in the County Budget
http://www.bosquecounty.us/images/Final_Adopted_Budget_2009-2010.pdf

for Road Maintenance for 2008-2010 along with a NEW FANCY oil Squirter Machine in Precinct 1 that cost another 90 Grand along with 4 NEW Road Graders with 80 grand a piece still owed on them and  PLEASE !  SPLAIN IT TO ME LUCY what the Hell did they do with the MONEY!
The So Called Water Company who has steadily raised the rates and built a multi million dollar glorified collection office on 933 keeps tearing up the Roads and PATCHING the Prehistoric pipes then NEVER repairing the roads WE PAID for with our over taxed property valued hard earned money. A recent call to one of the ELECTED Commissioner's yielded an answer of (We are out of money and if we make the Water Company pay to fix their DAMAGE then they will raise the water bills ) Well my question is simple . Is it not the LAW that any entity or party that Damages COUNTY PROPERTY BY LAW ARE REQUIRED TO RE-IMBURSE OR REPAIR SAID DAMMAGE )

Are one or more of the COMMISIONERS ,Judges and or Officials  STOCK HOLDERS in the WATER COMPANY ? and not wanting their dividends to go down? Something is SURE FISHY HERE isn't it ?

GO FIGURE !

If they are out of Money we paid for Road Repairs and allocated in the Budget then what did they do with the MONEY and why do we have all the county Employees that are suppose to Repair the Roads on the PAYROLL. If you don't have the Money you were GIVEN then why pay a Crew to NOT WORK ?

Which brings up another Topic ! Now the NEW High SHERRIFF who Patrols around with his sidekick in their NEW POLICE CAR in their  Big OL Cowboy HATS wants a NEW JAIL ! WE just got a NEW STATE OF THE ART JAIL in the 80's . NO WE CAN NOT AFFORD IT !
This NEW JAIL needs an ARCHITECT?. Are we Building a STUPENDOUS  EDIFICE like unto KING Solomon's TEMPLE to house ner-do wells and Ruffians ?   Why can we not if absolutely neccessary build a Modular Construction building that has a big sign on it that says County Jail and within the walls put Jail Cells instead. Great idea I think. Save articstic Grandeur for a Library  not a Jailhouse .

Nor any more School Taxes either . We have School Employees driving around in NEW Suburbans for what reason ? Again WHERE IS THE MONEY  GOING >?
 NEW  County Hospital   OH HELL NO !
 We do not have the populous to even get a DOG CATCHER must less a County HOSPITAL!
Maybe what we need is an AUDIT by the State Attorney Generals Office to see where all our Monies have GONE!!
BOY would that get some Heads Rolling?.

IF these things get RAILROADED THROUGH like the NEW JUDGE POSITION they stuck us with at 125 THOUSAND DOLLARS (http://www.bosquecounty.us/images/2009Public_Notice_on_Salaries_2009-2010.pdf) when the Current RESIDING JUDGE,  The Honorable Judge  MORGAN  only gets 67.5 Thousand ( why can't we just get a Visiting  Judge when needed   like intelligent Counties do instead of  paying another Judge TWICE as MUCH as the one we allready have  ?. MAKES  NO COMMON SENSE !
 Back to point then the approx TAX on a hundred thousand property will increase your NOW unaccounted for tax on your place  6 to 1200 bucks  MORE .  That means if you now pay 1200 a year you will be paying near DOUBLE your current tax. If your income has DOUBLED then you might can afford this but I as well as many of my friends can not pay the current RAPE RATE on time now  can YOU ?
GO FIGURE !
 If your property is not currently on the books at 100 grand how long do you think it will take to get it that way so the SAFE GUARDED LOCKED in (YOU THOUGHT ) Retired and elderly people of Bosque County can PAY MORE FOR LESS TOOOOO !

Why can't THEY cut back and eat hamburger like we have to do to pay the overwhelming TAXES we now pay ?
They need to be held accountable for buying all the Crap they are not using and QUIT SPENDING OUR MONEY on EVERY WHIMISCAL CITY SLICKER coming in our County trying to Help Us  with their Scamming little schemes of surveys and  Studies !

One MORE LITTLE ITEM
The Generating plant in BOSQUE COUNTY pays little or NO TAXES and probably owes us MILLIONS RIGHT NOW!
WHY?
 It is my understanding that the County hired an outside Appraiser to come here and appraise this Company and for the life of me I can't understand why we pay a Tax Appraiser here if they can't APPRAISE . I thought really that was a big part of their DUTY and am almost certain if the Title (Tax Appraiser) doesn't give a clue of the Job Description then we can save another 37 grand a year or more by abolishing that non productive entity wouldn't you think ?.

http://www.bosquecounty.us/images/Notice_of_Tax_Increase_2009.pdf

If you get behind in your taxes they sell your property to the Highest Bidder don't they .
Well if its good for the Goose then it's good for the GANDER . Sell the PROPERTY on the COURTHOUSE SQUARE as Allowed by LAW like they do any one of us . and put the money in the Budget !

If you Have more Money than Brains then don't do anything about this but Remember YOU ASKED FOR IT, when you can't afford to live in a previously simple little area of retired friendly hard working people for the NEW COMERS that  want all the Change that Don't EVEN LIVE HERE Nor VOTE ! You don't RAISE TAXES and Take on NON- ESSENTIAL NEW BUILDING when you don't have the money to buy Gas for your Car and put decent food on your table and are just BARELY getting by IF you even have a JOB these days . DUHHHHHH !
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:06:25 PM by OVER TAXED! » Logged
Lake Rat

View Profile
Re: 375 THOUSAND or MORE WASTED
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:26:29 AM »

Well it's been this way since I been around here some 40 years and probably ain't gonna change . A few Richy uppity weekenders come in and want change but don't have to suffer the Tax burdens we local folks have to do . They Railroad stuff like this all the time . The big landowners have all thier stuff taxed for near nothing with farm exemptions  while they put up Giant Game Fences we pay for 80 percent of through SPECIAL grants from the state or whoever and lease out the place for hundreds of thousands to Yankees coming down for the Big Kill when they are suppose to be raising crops or something in the agricultral sense . While we small home owners pay on overaprraised lots and dilapadated houses we can't afford to fix up to thier ideal look . I sure miss Ernest Cheyney .He would not have stood still for all the CRAP they are putting to us for sure . I guess it's time to sell out and move out of this area to a  place with less  iidiots in the lcoal official pool.
The Rich git Richer and us Po Folk gits mo po.
felix
El Heffy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 07:43:13 AM »

Welcome to the forum Over Taxed .
Thats quite a post for your first post here . I agree with a lot of your Rant and most of the folks I know are dead against any more TAX Hikes here for any reason.  They had a Town Hall sort of Meet at the Local Community Center  (West Shore Civic Association)   about the New Jail last Tues and one Guy was really Upset over the deal ;I think it was a guy named Larry I heard .
Also the Water Company is a real JEWELL with little or NO Maintainence for YEARS and the water presure is so low you can't use your own filters to clean the crap they are running to you in the Stoneage delivery system . Most of the time the water has NO Cholrine in it and other times it knocks you down with the Bleach smell. I get some sort of Algae or  Bacterial Growth in my sink and toilet bowl from the so called water . They are required to notify everone to Boil the water  when they have a broken line but I have never been notifie. I can back up the statement about NO Chlorine and the low presure since I sent off a sample to a lab for inspection  and had a Gauge put on my faucet for testing pressure plus the company that did the lab work said the pressure was about half of what is needs to install a filter system and that I would have to buy an Expensive Booster Pump . I don't know what it takes to get the State involved to investigate  the County debacle and or the Water Company constant rate hikes and no repairs but I think we as a community need to find out .
felix
El Heffy
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »

Well after only  Fiifteen years the water company fixed the leak at Shore Acres and Bosque trail . FIFTEEN YEARS AND ONLY TWENTYFIVE PRICE INCREASES. Great Job BOOBS !!! Now the Illustrious Commisioner took time off from his Pizza Business to PATCH the road and the crap is allready washing out and the dust is overwhelming . We now have the highest Taxes and lousiest County Services comprable to some lower classed Third World Countries.  This Commisioner has been a real disappointment to me and my circle . I will vote for a new one next time and check his or Her Road Building skills along with party loyalties before I Back  them  for certain.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: