LAGUNA PARK.ORG
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:15:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thanks to all the IDIOTS who voted for the 25 Million Dollar School Bond for LESS THAN 400 Elementary Students and the 12 Million Dollar Bond Pack for the New Jail.
GOOD JOB YOU MORONS!!!!!
125 Posts in 63 Topics by 34 Members
Latest Member: Carmen Getsite
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  LAGUNA PARK.ORG
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Praise or Gripes about County Maintainence
| | |-+  Unit Road System.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unit Road System.  (Read 3115 times)
kdellert

View Profile
Unit Road System.
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:28:16 AM »

Town Hall Meeting April 2, 2015, at 7:00 pm at West Shore Volunteer Fire Dept in Laguna Park. Come educate yourself on Unit Road System which will be on May 9 ballot. Want better roads and better results for your hard earned tax $$$$$?  Then come to meeting where County Judge Dewey Ratliff and concerned citizen, Dan Ahart, will conduct a presentation. I think you will be convinced because what we are doing now is not working.  See you there!!!!!
Kathy Dellert
Precinct 6 Chairman
felix
El Heffy
Administrator

View Profile
Re: Unit Road System.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 09:21:32 AM »

Thanks  Chairman Dellert, for the info .

This is an ongoing problem and NO ONE HAS ADDRESSED IT !!!!!!!  EXCEPT at election time and every Brothers son says IF YOU ELECT ME I AM GOING TO FIX THE ROADS !!!!!!

BULL SHITTTTTT!!!!!!!

But our Tax money is going Somewhere. We have Equipment , Salaried Road  Workers ,  we have Commissioners who are Charged with Maintaining Roads First and Foremost in their Duties during the Few Hours they actually WORK in the Duties of their Office. Incidentally also give themselves a HEFTY SALARY INCREASE every couple of years lately!!!!! !!!!!!!!
When  you call to complain and actually get a Human on the phone all you get is WE DON'T HAVE any MONEY !!!!!
Well we GAVE THEM MONEY !!!!! WHERE did it GO?Huh?

Another little point that should be addressed too. That every day nearly the Water company/companies in Bosque County Tear the Hell out of our Pathetic Roads and  then leave them partially patched which in turn  causes more degradation to them . I believe by law they are to Repair the Roads back to NEW Condition when they tear it all up .
IF they would fix the pipes in the first place they would not be continually digging up  the streets in the same place constantly which  they  have gotten price increases to do so MANY TIMES in recent history ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but that's another PROBLEM for the Elected Officials to enforce   in  the future huh?

It's funny or should I say Laughable that the Twenty odd years I have lived here we had near Perfect Roads but in the last  10 they have literally went to mere Cow trails and walking paths but the Tax Money has steadily increased with virtually NO MAINTAINANCE or REPAVING.
We had the money back when to INSTALL  the New Roads on a much lower Tax Rate than we have Now but today with a BIGGER BETTER EQUIPPED CREW they can't patch a Pot Hole to last over a week or two?Huh

I think instead of Petitioning for an OUTSIDE ENTITY to come in and take over we need to Have the STATE come in and AUDIT the  BOSQUE County BOOKS for where all the MONIES have gone for Roads. THEN WE GET RESULTS !!!

Sluffing the Responsibilities of our ELECTED PEOPLE to outsiders to do what they are paid to do just doesn't make much sense to me since we are PAYING them in the first place,how are we going to pay for MORE people to come in and have some one oversee their work and drive around with two or three trucks watching seven or eight   guys stand around watching two others look in a pot hole and wait for someone else to come shovel some rock in it without Raising TAXES .....
This is a BIG County with a small amount of Populous and most of us are 50 or older and are paying out the Gazoo now in Taxes while the HUGE Land OWNERS pay little tax in comparison to us and or Don't even Live Here and or operate BIG Electric Plants and don't pay their share if ANY TAXES.

The problems in Bosque County are MUCH GREATER than hiring an outside Road Company to come in and take our Monies to do what we are paying ELECTED people and their workers to do already.

The END!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:48:37 AM by felix » Logged
GD3w3y

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:07:16 PM »

There is too much mis-information being discussed about the proposed Unit Road System and/or not enough of the "rest of the story" available for discussion. But, that's why we have scheduled 7 Town Hall Forums around the county. To provide all of the correct information about the new proposed system, and to answer all of your questions. Please come to the Westshore Fire Station tomorrow night at 7 PM. We do not want to hire any "outsiders" to come in to maintain our roads. The cost of the addition of a professional Road Administrator and secretary will be more than offset by the reduction in salary and benefits when the Commissioner's position is changed to a part-time position at part-time pay. Consolidating four budgets, four crews and supervisors, four road material inventories and four equipment inventories will result in savings and efficiencies that will mean your tax dollars are spent more effectively and stretched to maintain more miles of roads. But, these are just the highlights. Please come tomorrow night (and/or to any or all of the 7 meetings) to hear ALL of the story and get all of your questions answered. Most importantly, don't forget to vote either on May 9th at your local voting precinct or vote early at the courthouse starting April 24th.
bobbyinclifton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »

There is too much mis-information being discussed about the proposed Unit Road System and/or not enough of the "rest of the story" available for discussion. But, that's why we have scheduled 7 Town Hall Forums around the county. To provide all of the correct information about the new proposed system, and to answer all of your questions. Please come to the Westshore Fire Station tomorrow night at 7 PM. We do not want to hire any "outsiders" to come in to maintain our roads. The cost of the addition of a professional Road Administrator and secretary will be more than offset by the reduction in salary and benefits when the Commissioner's position is changed to a part-time position at part-time pay. Consolidating four budgets, four crews and supervisors, four road material inventories and four equipment inventories will result in savings and efficiencies that will mean your tax dollars are spent more effectively and stretched to maintain more miles of roads. But, these are just the highlights. Please come tomorrow night (and/or to any or all of the 7 meetings) to hear ALL of the story and get all of your questions answered. Most importantly, don't forget to vote either on May 9th at your local voting precinct or vote early at the courthouse starting April 24th.

Why can't whoever started all this put the FACTS up right here or in the paper for those to see that ain't gonna go to no meetings.
I would like to see them try to cut the Commissioners pay to fit their work load .They gave themselves several raises in the last few years as I recall. IF they put the pay DECREASE on the Ballot I would vote for it and while your at it do the same for the Judges, Sherriff,and District Attorney as well !!!!!!
 I think they they tried this Unick Road system in Hill county then voted it out because it didn't work.
It sure looks like a Railroad Job on this since it sprung up all of a sudden and putting in on a Spring Special Ballot when everybody's vacationing and or getting ready . They should have done the Meetings and informing the voters before they put it on a Ballot if they wanted to do it right , just sayin.

OVER TAXED!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 07:38:54 AM »

Well as usual the morons at the community center and Republican railroaders fail to communicate and try to run crap through on a whim .
Just VOTE NO on everything this coming May and everything will be fine .
viktor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 09:18:16 AM »

I agree on it being a RAILROAD JOB since it is scheduled to VOTE on a SATURDAY in the middle of Spring .
One thing people need to look at is the LOGISTICS of a proposal like this in a county that spans such a vast area as BOSQUE COUNTY.

The Forefathers of this community  put up districts and centralized Maintenance Facilities to accommodate the needs of each individual Precinct and their respective  Road and infrastructure land uses and I think they  knew what was right .

A centralized location can not work on such a premise without a HUGE Tax Burden   (TAX INCREASE) on  the Bosque County Taxpayers and if you think you are exempted because of your age you are as Delusional as those Rail Roaders who are forcing this on us.

Your tax exemption is based on the CEILING you qualified at 65 and it may be lower than its top and if it is you can bet your Bippy if school  and county taxes go up yours will go up to the Cap you qualified for . The only ones that  MIGHT BE  exempt are the people who are 100 per cent MILITARILY DISABLED and  well should be.

Moving all  the needed equipment and Workforce around such a vast space is simply not practical nor in the Best interest of Bosque County  Rural residents whom the Commissioners work for  and are charged first and foremost in their Duties to Keep, Repair and Maintain County Roads .

Yes  indeed lets do some meetings ,talks , research ,etc. before we stumble through ignorantly like a Drunk Bear in a Cactus Patch and pass a proposal neither feasible nor cost effective to Bosque County TAX PAYERS.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:51:16 AM by viktor » Logged
bobbyinclifton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 10:38:47 AM »

I got this from the Bosque Republican Party website through a link the Chairman put up .tooo funny

1. If it is not a partisan issue then why is it on the Republican website and their peeps walking around with all the pamphlets?
2. Did not really answer the question here did ya? WILL OUR TAXES GO UP? The correct answer is either YES or NO not beat around the bush .
and if there is money in the budget for this system and to pay some guy or gal to drive around in a vehicle we would have to buy to do  he or she is gonna do then why can't we use that money on the roads now ?
3.Will any jobs be eliminated. Ya'll answered no but why wouldn't there be some layoffs if you got ten hole diggers in the county and only one central hole working at a time somebody is gonna be standing around.
4.Will we keep all four barns . Yall  answered Yes .Again Why ? If you are going to get rid of Duplicated equipment then what do you need all the Barns for?
5. Have you tried to get a commissioner on the Phone ?
and IF we called the New Guy his phone would burn up with all four precincts calling  him or her .Then he or she would need a gaggle of more people to answer the phone to tell  them their taxes did not go up because of the new system . Is this New administrator going to bring all the asphalt in his or new truck and work for tips? How ya gonna pay this person?
Or are all the paved roads going to go back to the cow-trails of yester year
I personally want a  Paved road to my house like  that I have had for the last 25 years. Just fix it RIGHT and make the Water Company do it cause they BROKE IT !

On the Republican linked site it also links to other counties that have tried the unit system and if you read the captions most of them have DIRT ROADS and or MAKE THE PAVED ROADS DIRT !
Do we want more dust and flying rocks around our cars and house like the new rock quarry is putting out off of 22 now in Laguna Park ?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:20:42 PM by felix » Logged
Carmen Getsite

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 05:06:21 PM »

We  moved here a few years ago and one of the reasons was the low taxes .
With all the hoo hah about the Roads,School Bond, Emergency Service I do not believe we made the right choice since things like this always promises low or NO  tax increase but ALWAYS cost twice as much or more on implementation.
Just got a postcard in the mail today from the Bosque County Republican Party saying why we should vote for this but no good reasons were printed on the card except for some quotes from some people we never heard of .
Says additional info is at the bosque county unit system .com but at the time of this post there are not any reasons or feasibility results there either? May go look at the Democratic party site to see if there is any good information other than than the few meetings hurriedly put about the county of late.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 05:22:16 PM by Carmen Getsite » Logged
bobbyinclifton

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »

I posted questions at the Bosqueunitsytem.com website over two weeks ago and NO ANSWER yet.
I agree with the RAILROAD JOB allright and the SCHOOL 28 MILLION DOLLAR bullsh#@##$# TOO!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! and NO!

The last time they tried this it dang near passed !!! Only @ 600 people voting in this election last time.
GET OUT AND VOTE PEOPLE or PAY FOR IT LATER !!!!!!
Carmen Getsite

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »

I posted questions at the Bosqueunitsytem.com website over two weeks ago and NO ANSWER yet.
I agree with the RAILROAD JOB allright and the SCHOOL 28 MILLION DOLLAR bullsh#@##$# TOO!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! and NO!

The last time they tried this it dang near passed !!! Only @ 600 people voting in this election last time.
GET OUT AND VOTE PEOPLE or PAY FOR IT LATER !!!!!!

It does not look good on the Unit Road System People not to respond on their own site .
No one I see here has anything good to say about it  or the 28 Million Dollar BULL as it was stated School Bond either.
I hope none of it passes just to be safe .
BarbaraSody

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 12:09:05 PM »

I noticed that kdullert put a big advertisement in the paper AGAINST the School Bond deal. Wonder if that is the same kdulert on the
Republican Unit Road fiasco?

We just moved here last week and don't think we will be able to vote but hope all this gets voted down this time .
I agree with everyone that says MORE discussion,plans,info, etc is needed before any monies like this is voted on.
Barb.
OVER TAXED!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 11:01:39 AM »

ROAD UNIT SYSTEM FAILED as it should have!!!!!
So did the Ridiculous 28MILLION BUCKS SCHOOL BOND ,
Thank the Good LORD!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: